Be Your Own Boss: Start a Remodeling Franchise with Kitchen Solvers
So you want to be your own boss? Starting a kitchen remodeling franchise might be the answer. Read on to learn what it takes, what it costs, and what you could make with Kitchen Solvers.
What’s The Secret to Starting a Successful Business?
In an Entrepreneur magazine article titled “So You Want to Be Your Own Boss,” Tamara Monosoff shared some tips to guide and motivate prospective start-ups on their way to launching successful businesses. Her first bit of advice was to “take a stand.” That’s a great place to start: if you’re fed up with your current work circumstances or are tired of watching good opportunities goto waste, accept that you’re the only person who can fix things. “Stop blaming the economy, your boss, your spouse, or your family,” Monosoff writes. The only person who can start your kitchen remodeling business is you. More often than not, self-sabotage and self-doubt are the only things holding you back. Be accountable to your goal and prioritize it. With 5 more of Monosoff’s start-up tips in hand, today’s post explains how Kitchen Solver’s can help you take a stand and become your own boss:
- Identify the right business for you. “Give yourself permission to explore,” Monosoff says. “Be willing to look at different facets of yourself… and listen to your intuition.”Is the remodeling industry right for you? To run your own remodeling business, you’ll need to interact with clients on a daily basis, so people skills are certainly a perk. And coachability is key, since you’ll need to be able to learn new skills and follow instructions to uphold Kitchen Solvers standards. But beyond that, our flexible remodeling franchise model makes it right for most kinds of people. People who like working with their hands can get directly involved in the installation, while investors and managerial types can take a more executive approach. Creative types love the industry’s design and problem-solving elements; “closers” love working with our Platinum Sales process. There’s something for everyone.
- Business planning improves your chances for success. Another great tip–and another reason to seriously consider a remodeling franchise opportunity with Kitchen Solvers. When you start a franchise with us, you get access to the “master plan” our franchise family has been building successful businesses for 36 years.
- Know your audience before you spend a penny. “Before you spend money, find out if people will actually buy your products or services,” Monosoff cautions. Prudent business advice–but just one more reason to partner with Kitchen Solvers.There is serious demand for kitchen remodeling services. The approximate value of kitchen remodeling in the United States each year is estimated at $305-billion, according to Harvard University’s Joint Center for Housing Studies. Furthermore, the industry is projected to grow at 6% annually for the projected future. The kitchen remodeling industry is also very resilient. There’s always demand for kitchen remodeling, since the fastest way to add value to a home is by upgrading its most important part. You can read more about how much you can make running a remodeling franchise here.
- Understand your personal finances. “Having a detailed understanding of your personal finances, and the ability to track them, is an essential first step,” Monosoff says. But that’s easier said than done if you’re starting a new venture on your own, especially if you have no experience. Entrepreneurs are often surprised by what it costs to get the ball rolling.When starting a remodeling franchise with Kitchen Solvers, you go into the investment with total transparency and eyes wide open. Use our itemized list of startup costs for better financial planning.
- Build a support network. “You need to cultivate a network of supporters, advisors, partners, allies, and vendors.” Very important, but very difficult for startups, especially those in new industries.But not so for Kitchen Solvers remodeling franchise owners–when you work with us, you instantly get the full support of our franchise family, as well as insider access to our network of vendors, advisors, partners, and allies.
If you want to learn more about being your own boss running a remodeling franchise, speak with a Kitchen Solvers representation at 608-615-7399.Back