In order for you to get the results you dreamed of, your kitchen and bath remodeling project must be planned carefully. At Kitchen Solvers, we know that planning is everything, but if you’re not working with one of our consultants, keep these 6 things in mind to keep yourself out of trouble!
- Have a clear understanding of the cost. It’s always fun to dream big – in fact, it’s something we encourage during the consultation process – but you need to put your expectations in perspective. The size of your kitchen or bathroom, the quality of your desired materials, and whether or not you want to reuse existing frames or installations will all greatly influence the size of the final price tag, Don’t cut corners during the planning phase! If you are working with a reputable company, they should be able to map out your projected costs in great detail during the initial planning phase. Avoid companies who are unable (or unwilling) to express the finer details of a well-budgeted plan. At Kitchen Solvers, we know that planning is everything, and communication is key. We will help you nail down the budget from day one by suggesting materials and remodeling techniques that will achieve your goals without breaking the bank.
- First impressions are everything – even in the bathroom! When you’re laying out the floorplan, try to avoid situations where the toilet is the first thing you see when you open the bathroom door. Toilets are never the most appealing things to look at, and bathrooms doors are often left open; putting a human waste receptacle on full display isn’t exactly Home Design 101. You can create a little more whimsy and spa-like appeal by tucking a toilet around a corner, or behind a hutch-like cabinet wall.
- Respect good work from the past. Though we often think that “new” is synonymous with “better,” many builders seemed to have gotten things right during the 50’s and 60’s. Vintage cabinet frames, crown molding, and tiles are often made with high-quality materials and exhibit that hand-made kind of craftsmanship that you just can’t find anywhere these days. If that’s the case, keep them! It’s both environmentally friendly and efficient, saving you time and money – just your Kitchen Solvers consultant about what our cabinet refacing can do for your budget!
- Plan a lighting scheme from day one. The difference between a nice bathroom and a striking bathroom space is often down to the amount of thought put into the lighting. The best approach involves incorporating layers of task, accent, ambient, and decorative lighting. You can ask your Kitchen Solvers consultant for more information about planning a lighting scheme – the earlier, the better!
- Know standard bathroom dimensions; bend the rules so you can break them! Knowing a few standard measurements for your bathroom, toilet, tub, and sink will help you plan your remodel better, and give you a foundation of “best practices” to adhere to (or deviate from!) as you work to create your unique bathroom space.
- Consider the height of your sink – not just the counter. Though countertops are typically 32-34” off of the floor, this standard measurements doesn’t account for the variable height of sink fixtures. Above-counter vessel sinks, for example, can be quite tall, which means the counter level may need to be adjusted so that the resident can wash their hands and brush their teeth more comfortable. Don’t forget to factor this into your plans!
Visit https://www.kitchensolversfranchise.com to learn more about our kitchen and bath remodeling franchise.
About Kitchen Solvers
Kitchen Solvers is a multi-dimensional kitchen remodeling business, offering total kitchen remodeling solutions for homeowners across the country. As a one-stop-shop kitchen remodeling business, our franchisees never have to say NO because we offer the widest selection of products and services available. From kitchen design, cabinet refacing and new cabinetry to custom counter tops, tile back splashes, and storage solutions, Kitchen Solvers provides the best solutions to meet the unique remodeling needs of our customers. For more details visit –https://kitchensolversfranchise.com/Back