Kitchen and bath remodeling projects ought to be fun and rewarding for both the client and home improvement franchise owner, but it doesn’t always work out that way. Everybody seems to have a horror story about a fly-by-night contractor who stretched a week-long plan into months of dysfunctional living space, budget overflow, and headaches.
In today’s post, the Kitchen Solvers team shares 5 tips to help both clients and home improvement franchisees avoid getting stuck on their kitchen and bath remodeling projects. Read on to learn all you need to know, and find even more tips and tricks at http://www.kitchensolversfranchise.com.
- Stick to your budget! Whether you’re hiring a home improvement franchise or running one of your own, adhering to a fixed budget is as tough as it is important. There is no quicker way to lose a client’s trust (and word-of-mouth referral!) than to report that you’re gone over-budget and will need more money before the job can be completed. On the other hand, under-spending is also a problem, since it often means the finished product is underwhelming – or worse, unnoticeable!Before you start planning, take time to sit down with your client and work out how much they want to spend. Their bank account balance isn’t the only consideration to make; consider the local market and decide whether a low, medium, or high-end kitchen overhaul is suitable for the area. Be honest and forthright with your client, pulling no punches at this stage, or you’re at risk!
- Keep your kitchen or bathroom from having an identity crisis. Every single home has a certain character and architectural style, and while these don’t need to handcuff your design dreams entirely, they should certainly be factored into your planning. It doesn’t matter how good your home improvement franchise may be; trying to transform a 1950’s-style ranch into a sleek, ultra-modern cook space is probably going to feel “off.” Besides, deviating too far from the home’s character and architectural style will be extremely expensive compared to a more complementary approach. Again, be forthright about what will and won’t work during the initial design consultation, and your client will thank you in the long run!
- Stay mindful of trends. Staying apprised of hot design trends is part of the job as a home improvement franchisee. There’s always something new and exciting on the horizon, and contemporary trends are typically less expensive and more eco-friendly compared to more traditional approaches and materials. We posted a blog last month discussing some eco-friendly design options, so be sure to check it out if you want to add a few tools to your design arsenal!
- Try not to displace the plumbing. Moving water and gas lines is no simple task. Doing so will drastically increase the time and money involved, especially if your client owns an older home. Do your best to keep pipe-connected elements in place, and your client will feel the difference in their wallet and their project timeline.
- Embrace the glory of cabinet refacing. The Kitchen Solvers franchise family built itself largely on the back of cabinet refacing, and thousands of our franchisees have used this method to speed their own success. The benefits of cabinet refacing are similar for the client and home improvement franchisee: it’s a fast, cheap, and efficient way to make a huge impact on a kitchen or bathroom remodel. If you want to avoid getting stuck in the mires of a complete cabinet overhaul, familiarize yourself with the thousands of options that our cabinet refacing process puts in your arsenal.
About Kitchen Solvers
Kitchen Solvers is a multi-dimensional kitchen remodeling business, offering total kitchen remodeling solutions for homeowners across the country. As a one-stop-shop kitchen remodeling business, our franchisees never have to say NO because we offer the widest selection of products and services available. From kitchen design, cabinet refacing and new cabinetry to custom counter tops, tile back splashes, and storage solutions, Kitchen Solvers provides the best solutions to meet the unique remodeling needs of our customers. For more details visit –http://kitchensolversfranchise.com/Back